Monday, October 22, 2012

Junky Junk Journal - Linked Tutorial

Here's a look at my dirty, grungy, beat up junk journal.  I made it last year using Diana Trout's Duct Tape Journal tutorial.  I 'll place a link on my tutorial page.

When I first saw the video I was ready to make one, but didn't have the materials.  I improvised!  Instead of duct tape I doubled up masking tape for my binding.  I've also, added more signatures via string, ribbon, and tape.

This baby holds up well.  I'm already gathering materials together to make another one  This one is well over full.   I love the chunkiness of it all!









 The grunge of it all is perfect because I pull this out around my children.  So if they decide to scribble on a page or tear (by accident ☺), it's okay because it's not like it's a work of art.

Working in this book has helped my artistic expression greatly.  I'm not so worried about technique or if it looks good or not.  I just write it down, color it, glue it or do whatever I feel like doing.

Here's another look inside:

Playing around. I sketched the girl from a hair salon magazine. I tried to add sunglasses, but that didn't work out. lol!   I used markers, watercolors, and pen.  The page bases are a coloring book page and copy paper. 
As always, your comments are always appreciated.

Enjoy your week!

Adriann ♥



7 comments:

  1. I love your chunky journal! I feel the same way about not worrying what happens in mine because it's ALL play. Well...most everything I do is all play and I hope you'll keep doing the same. And..letting the kids participate is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, thanks! Having children definitely help in the area of play. :)

      Delete
  2. It is a work of art - and a collaborative piece if the children help : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love junk journals. Your is so cool!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Adriann...
    I thought I would drop by your blog and see what you have been up to with journalling. I ove this book, so full of texture and colour. Thanks for stopping by my blog x

    ReplyDelete

Do not allow negativity or toxicity into Your Precious Life. Only Allow Positivity and Love. ~Lori Moreno