Sunday, June 24, 2012

Private Swap - Maggie Plays Artist

 

Last week I received an absolutely amazing  private swap from Maggie Plays Artist . The picture doesn't do these lovely items justice.  She sent a hand painted canvas, a sewn paper bag pocket, a heart pillow, a canvas bookmark, awesome backgrounds and a beautiful heart shape necklace.  She had stated that she would send seashells and I automatically thought of real seashells not these lovelies:



Hand blown by Maggie herself!  Aren't they beautiful?  I've already started playing with them and making book thongs with them.  These are not even samples of her best work.  You can find that here.

Here's a closeup of my favorite.


A 4x4 hand painted canvas.  The colors are so bright and happy!  It already has a place in my home.

I feel like I got the better part of the swap. ☺ I love everything she sent me even down to the cute note card!

Thank you Maggie for such a wonderful swap!  I am fortunate to have received such a generous and beautiful swap from you. 

Below is what I sent Maggie:

3 upcycled journals
2 note cards






I don't know why I can't seem to do a tutorial on these, however, here are directions on how I made them.

Dampen then split paper towel rolls open, paint, stencil, and stamp them, cut in half, stitch a signature inside. Embellish as you wish.  That's it! You get two mini journals from one roll. 

I also added gel medium to the paint.  I think it helps stiffen the rolls.  You could probably use mod podge too.  If you are using tp rolls do everything except cut in half.

Here are some good links for easy book signatures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpZWZ4A900&lr=1
http://michaelshannon.us/makeabook/index.html
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec04rVh0ndU&feature=youtube

I'm always open to swaps.  Please email me if you are interested in a private swap.

Have a Happy Week!!!

Adriann ♥

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you love everything! Hope you show those book thongs. I've been playing with some of my beads today and just blogged about it. I love my journals and cards, as does my niece who was over the other day. Had to do a show and tell. Thanks for the tips on creating my own journals. I think a lot of people will be getting them for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the beads and they are gorgeous! I'll try my best to post pictures of the book thongs. I have to keep the boys extra busy in this heat. We can only go outside to play early in the morning or after 5 pm. Alabama heat is no joke! :0

    ReplyDelete

Do not allow negativity or toxicity into Your Precious Life. Only Allow Positivity and Love. ~Lori Moreno