Thursday, September 8, 2011

Unfurl

Gilbert, 2 1/2 x 3 inch, watercolor


This is Gilbert.  He came about because zentangles sounds good in theory, but when you have toddlers running around it's not so good.  I ditched that idea and instead found inspiration from a painting in the children's wing of our local museum. While my children were engaged I hurriedly sketched this guy and colored him when I made it home.  I've seen a couple of art bloggers suggest doing this as a way to get your mojo flowing.

He's so imperfect and it was difficult for me to share, but I think part of the art process of UNFURLING is to share your work too.  So here he is...Gilbert. 

6 comments:

  1. He's great. I love it, and I agree with getting your mojo going...whatever it takes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to hear what you're doing to "get your mojo going". My ebay line started out as sort of a way to make me paint looser and more often. Now, I enjoy making these little paintings in studio and outside. It's very freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog Adriann! Happy to see your art on flickr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on sketching and keep on sharing. It gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adriann, Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments! I think your drawing is wonderful! keep doing what your doing! :+D Patti

    ReplyDelete

Do not allow negativity or toxicity into Your Precious Life. Only Allow Positivity and Love. ~Lori Moreno