Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Serendipity


 A couple of months ago I purchased a DVD From-Art-Journaling-to-Art-Drawing-Watercolor-and-More-Techniques-for-the-Mixed-Media-Artist-with-Jane-LaFazio.  Once I sat down to watch it I was immediately inspired to draw daily sometimes more than once. This is a big deal to me as I am drawing challenge.  I've never been a painter or considered myself as an artist really.  I'm a self taught scrapbooker that ventured off into cardmaking and other papercrafts.  I wouldn't have imagined that I would end up here...drawing and journaling my everyday life.

Jane's teaching style made me feel so at ease that I felt like I was taking a private art lesson.  And I'm not getting paid to say this really.  The DVD literally changed my life...


So imagine my delight when I Googled Jane's name (looking for more inspiration) and ran across a sketchbook challenge site where she is hosting the challenge for this month.  I felt it was meant to be.   The theme for August is Everyday Objects.

I've made my own sketchbook to put my sketches in which I'll try to share this month.  I sketched this teddy bear that belongs to my two year old who has a penchant for bears.  As soon as he saw this he said "Bonnie!,"   I used colored pencils for color and the other elements in the book were already there.  I sketched over and around what was on the page to make it work for me.  I'm pleased with how this sketch turned out.

I made this blog to share my sketches and other art inspirations.  I hope to meet new artist and reconnect with my  scrappy and papercrafting friends.  For newbies that happen across this blog I hope that I can share and teach what little I know because that's how we artist get down. :)

In the meantime...be blessed and don't stress the small stuff!
A





No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not allow negativity or toxicity into Your Precious Life. Only Allow Positivity and Love. ~Lori Moreno